Monday, May 24, 2010

Magic words

when walking to work, there are usually people in my way. they walk so slowly! ofcourse... being used to biking... i could just ring my bicycle bell whenever someone was in my way. now... i miss this bell... hahaha! but it would be a little weird, i guess, to use that to get people out of my way. i however refuse to resort to these magic words that are ubiquitously uttered here: "Excuse Me". if only it would be meant as these words were originally intended. it is nothing like a gentle "pardon". it means "get the F*CK out of my way right NOW" without actually having to use any swear-word. its being used at any given moment, in any given situation, regardless. sometimes it feels like this hissing sound is everywhere around me. then i have to suppress the impulse to just pinch these people; those familiar with the magic words must agree with me it often sounds like "squeeze me".

3 comments:

Sylvia Neumann said...

hahahaha. I know what you mean, although here people are really friendly and there are rarely stress situations. California:) but I remember very well the years I had to commute by train and there are all these people strolling at the station, as if it would be a place where people have all the time in the world....

Here people are really friendly and patient, the downside is you also have to be friendly and patient, haha

CaT said...

i think friendly & patient is good.... it could teach me... :)
here i can teach them.. today a package with culturetubes or so was wrongly delivered to our lab. so i was nice and brought it to the lab that was on the package. the person i asked said: put it on the pile of that pile is still there (with other packages), i pretended not to udnerstand and sai i just came to bring it to the right lab. then she took it and brought it to the pile. not thank you, no bye, not even excuse me.. nothing... YEGH!

Gustavo Valdigem said...

oh, Cat! You´re a Genious!!!