Friday, October 4, 2013

Hoop rolling!!

sorry for my absence.... this time i had a good reason... it was my birthday and we went exploring the netherlands a little bit! (we got a car! i do have to say; having a car in the netherlands is something completely different than having one in the usa. paying for parking literally EVERYWHERE is something we kind of hadnt taken into account). 
first stop was castle loevestein, above, which was built between 1357 and 1397. especially after having lived in the US, seeing that buildings can be THAT old is really impressive to me... unfortunately, it turned out to be closed from october onwards (then only open during weekends. grrr). at least the hoops were still there, so i tried to play the game; not easy at all! (wikipedia tells me the ancient greeks already played this game....).

6 comments:

Kay said...

Happy birthday, CaT!

Unknown said...

haha I love your bright blue shoes :) At Wellesley College in the us Hoop rolling is a really cool tradition :) http://www.wellesley.edu/about/collegehistory/traditions/hooprolling

biebkriebels said...

Ha,ha, forever young and congratulations with your birthday.

Kate said...

I just accidentally deleted your comments from my apple post today. Makes me so mad when that happens. It was about apples?

Kate said...

If the "hoop girl" is you, the technique you use looks pretty impressive. Love the smile. And the shoes!!

Jack said...

Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday to you.
Happy birthday dear CaT.
Happy birthday to you.

Love those shoes!